Install Frameless Bypass Shower Doors
Although you have most likely come across it several times in your day-to-day life, there’s a good chance that you have never heard the term “bypass shower”. At Premier Glass, we provide the Metro Vancouver area with professional glass and window installations that can make their dream design plans a reality. Learn more about what a bypass show is and how the installation of one can optimize your space.
What is a Bypass Shower Door?
A bypass shower, also simply called a sliding glass door system or a sliding door shower, by definition consists of two to three tempered glass panels. These panels are held into place by aluminum racks at the top and the bottom of the shower structure.
A bypass showers gets its name from the mechanics of its doors, where one door passes by another to open. Similar to a bedroom closet, a bypass shower can only be opened when one door passes by another one.
Why Choose a Bypass Shower?
Bypass showers are an attractive option for homeowners who are looking to save space in their bathroom. Bypass showers are a popular choice for secondary bathrooms, such as basement bathrooms, where a more traditional shower set-up would not be possible. However, bypass showers may also be used in larger bathroom areas to make way for large tub systems. Some homeowners may even choose to install them due to their sleek design and surface that can be easily cleaned. They are also relatively inexpensive compared to other shower and bath solutions.
The Pros and Cons of Installing a Bypass Shower Door
- Inexpensive, which can save you money on your bathroom renovation
- Relatively small footprint which makes them ideal for small spaces
- Can be installed in either a shower-tub unit or just a shower unit
- The metal of a bypass shower provides great structural support
- Dirt and grime can accumulate in the bottom of a bypass shower which may require more frequent cleanings
- Bypass showers are not always easily accessible for young children or seniors
- The metal of a bypass shower door may wear down over time and can be difficult to fix
Request A Quote Today!
The next time you need help with any glass windows, doors, panelling and much more, be sure to call the experts at Premier Glass. We specialize in all glass services for both residential and commercial properties, and are ready to take on any glass installation, repair or replacement project no matter how large or small it happens to be. Contact us today to get started!