Glass railings are a great way to add a level of luxury and space to your home or balcony. Not only do they provide a sophisticated aesthetic, but glass railings are also low-maintenance, highly durable, and create seamless transitions to your contemporary home décor. Whether you’re looking to add a modern twist to your indoor or outdoor space, or are looking to attain a brighter, uninterrupted view of your surroundings, glass railings are the way to go.
Looking at glass railings, you may be wondering about the cost of such a beautiful feature, however, they’re highly affordable and are available in a variety of styles and price points. Furthermore, due to their strength and durability, glass railings minimize the costs of repairs and replacements. With expert installation such as that offered at Premier Glass, you can have glass railings to last you a lifetime.
So, what factors affect the cost of glass railing installation in your Vancouver home?
How Much Does Glass Railing Cost?
The average price of a glass railing system falls between $140-$270 per linear foot, however, this is just an estimate and is dependent on varying factors. For an accurate quote on the installation cost of your glass railing, consult the professionals at Premier Glass. This price is dependent on the type of glass you choose, as certain types and finishes are more costly than others. While glass railings may require a higher upfront cost, the aesthetic they provide adds great value to your property and can you save money on maintenance and replacement costs.
What is the Cost of Handrails?
As with the railing itself, the cost of handrails differs between materials. Metals such as aluminum or stainless steel are great options to match the mounting hardware and modernize the aesthetic further. However, some prefer a softer, more rustic look and opt for wooden handrails. Since metal handrails require less maintenance and are the more expensive material, they will cost more than wooden handrails. Per liner foot, you can expect to pay anywhere between $50-$200 for your glass railing handrails.
What Factors Affect the Cost of Glass Railing?
Along with the points mentioned above, glass railings vary in price depending on many factors such as:
- Quality. Like most materials, glass railings vary in quality. The more durable the glass, the higher the cost will be due to an increase in the level of quality. Since glass railings are incredibly strong, you can find a long-lasting option that also fits your budget.
- Glass Thickness. The thicker the glass, the higher the price when it comes to glass railings. Thicker glass is less likely to experience damage from wind-blown debris, birds, etc., however will require less maintenance and repairs.
- Glass Height. The maximum recommended height for glass railings is typically 72”, however, standard height falls between 36” to 42” for glass railings. If you choose a higher height, you’ll need more materials overall, increasing the cost.
- Edge Treatments. Glass edges are available in a variety of treatments. While rounded and polished glass panel edges typically cost less than beveled, your final decision depends on the aesthetic you’re wanting and your ideal budget.
- Glass Treatments. If you choose tinted, etched, or frosted glass, you could be looking at an increase in cost.
Why Choose Glass Railings?
While they require a higher initial investment than some other railing types, glass railings offer long-term budgetary benefits and can increase your property value. Glassing railing installation in Vancouver is a great choice as it:
- Adds modern architectural design
- Is highly durable and safe
- Is easy to maintain
- Offers an open, unobstructed view
- Increases the perception of space
- Provides wind protection
- Is rust-proof
- Increases property value
- Is customizable
Whether you’re looking to install interior or exterior glass railing systems, the experts at Premier Glass have the materials and expertise to further beautify your home. Premier Glass can enrich your home within your budget. Through a variety of glass panels, mounts, posts, and other materials, you can create an innovative and customizable addition to your home. Compared to wooden railings that require yearly maintenance in sanding, painting, and repair, glass railings are built to last. Choose from Premier Glass’s framed, frameless, or frosted-glass railings to give your home that sought after “wow” factor.